Thursday, May 26, 2011

An adventure nonetheless

I got to hangout with me newest friend Max last night, whom I met at charitè (medical college)On Monday and I had a lot of fun. we talked about a lot of good stuff which would seem impossible because we talked for so long on Monday and then some on Tuesday night. We were taught at CTS in Brussels that some Germans think that Americans are fake and dont build really close relationships but relationships that only benefit that person for the time being. Which in some instances is true. Let's be honest. We all have had that friend that we were only friends with so we could get a good grade in literature. Or that coworker that you would not think about talking to outside of work. In some ways we do build these shallow relationships in order to minmize the awkward. The cool thing about hanging out with Max is that I was able to build a real, hopefully, long lasting friendship with him. Thing will be different in my life in the way I treat people, let me be more honest about those shallow relationships. And vise versa, Max and anyone else I meet, I hope their lives change as well. I hope that through this trip I was able to bring something to the people I met that didn't have it before. God is working in Berlin.!

No comments:

Post a Comment